Ever had a question regarding a Confederate philatelic item and wish you knew someone who could give you an answer? Well, the CSA recognizes this need and has established a "Mentor Program" whereby you can call or email a very knowledgeable Confederate philatelist and fellow CSA member with your question.
Here is the latest list of CSA Mentors. All are very knowledgeable collectors and some have special areas of expertise which are so noted. They'll be glad to help with questions and research.
- Col. Richard Corwin, CA, 858-454-7327, RACorwin@aol.com (Trans-Mississippi and blockade covers)
- Gen. Connie Bush, FL, 850-243-1638, firstname.lastname@example.org (straightline and fancy cancels)
- Col. Thomas Jackson, MD, 301-654-7121, email@example.com (Post Office Department official and semi-official covers)
- Gen. Patricia Kaufmann, DE, 302-422-2656, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Col. John Kimbrough, TX, 817-249-2447, JLKCSA@aol.com
- Col. Bill McCarren, CO, 303-832-3646, email@example.com
- Gen. Jim Monroe, SC, 843-469-9878, firstname.lastname@example.org (Naval and Robert E. Lee field covers)
- Gen. Roger Oswald, WI, 920-682-6793, email@example.com (handstamped paid, railroad, and blockade covers)
- Gen. Peter Powell, VA, 804-285-0055, Ebppwwp@aol.com (missent, forwarded, advertised, provisional and Richmond covers)
Contact any of these long-time Confederate philatelists with your questions. They all have volunteered to help CSA members so take advantage of this new program. Please remember that their opinions/answers are their own and not an official response of the CSA. Any authentication issue should be submitted to the CSA Authentication Service for formal expert review.